Monday, February 07, 2005

Enterprise



Yes, I have heard the very sad news that Enterprise has been cancelled. I know there are those out there that think this is a good thing, but I simply can't agree with them. I've been watching Star Trek since the late nineties (for some reason I didn't catch any of the series from the very beginning except for Enterprise) and I've been having fun. In retrospect though Deep Space Nine is clearly my favourite, though Enterprise is a very close second. I think that Enterprise is far better than Voyager, and that one lasted for the full seven years.

While the Temporal Cold War was a bit unusual and a bit sticky to maintain they have successfully concluded that arc, at the same time showing us a tantilizing view of the founding of the Federation in 2160. I guess the hardest thing for me is that while I've really enjoyed Enterprise all along I've really liked this fourth season. The three episode mini-arcs are great for giving us quite a bit of detail and spreading out plots. The Vulcan trilogy for example addressed the many differences between Enterprise Vulcans and those of later Star Treks. *sigh* Well I could go on for quite a while, but to no point really. All I guess I'm saying is that I really wish that Enterprise were coming back, but now that I know it isn't I'm going to really enjoy each new episode. The finale should really be something to look forward to. At least the people at UPN weren't as stupid as the Fox executives that canned Firefly before it even had a chance. This way Enterprise has the chance to film a good finale that will wrap things up as best it can.

~Matt

No comments: