Monday, February 07, 2005

Hey Jude



When I was reading through Stephen King's The Dark Tower series I kept noticing that the song "Hey Jude" cropped up. While I was reading a companion book to the series I discovered that it was a Beetles song. I'd never heard it before so it slightly bugged me. However last night while I was watching the Super Bowl half-time show Paul McCartney played and sang the song! I don't know that it was my favourite song, but it was cool to finally hear it. For those of you that haven't heard the song here are the lyrics, courtesy of Brave.com

Hey, Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey, Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better.

And any time you feel the pain, hey, Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
Well don't you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder

Hey, Jude! Don't let her down
You have found her, now go and get her
Remember, to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better.

So let it out and let it in, hey, Jude, begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with
And don't you know that it's just you, hey, Jude,
You'll do, the movement you need is on your shoulder

Hey, Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better
Okay, time for some pictures, it has been way too long that I've been promising to post them and never have. I will warn you that these are a bit large (all under 1 MB but over 500k), so don't try too many too fast on dial-up, ;-).

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting.

These were the beautiful snowy conifers that we passed going through snowy Northern Arizona.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
And here was the gas station where we exited from the freeway onto white roads.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Welcome to rainy Memphis.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The one thing that I really don't like about the move is trading the awesome California state flag for the Kentucky flag. It really isn't that bad I guess...but it can't hold a candle to the Bear Flag Republic!
vs
I just don't see much of a contest, the California flag is obviously superior!
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My snow pictures I unfortunately can't post. I had mislaid my adapter cord for my digital camera so I had to borrow my mom's camera to go with Chris and take pictures in the local cemetary. Unfortunately I forgot to get those pictures before she flew back to California...I also forgot to give my parents back their CDs that I've been borrowing since I graduated high school...oops...but that is another story! :)

Okay, I'm going to head up to bed now...but I hope that this nice long and image rich (for me) post is good reading.

~Matt

No comments: