Monday, February 28, 2005

History


Sometimes I wonder if it was easier searching for employment in earlier times. Yes I know there were many other drawbacks to those times, but I'm not going off on that tangent. Today though it seems as if everything (employment, learning, etc...) is so specialized. I'm having trouble finding jobs where they'll consider me since I'm not really a good fit for most things that I've seen so far. My history degree is great and I wouldn't trade those years for anything, but I sometimes despair of finding an position where I can utilize my degree, or at least some position that I'm qualified for.

It seems as though it used to be you didn't need as much training or specialized experience for many positions, or there was more on-the-job training. It is hard finding entry-level positions or ones requiring little to no experience that will give me even a semi-decent amount of money. It isn't that I'm greedy, but I know that at some point I need to be making enough money for me to live on my own and be able to take care of expenses and save for the future and emergencies.

*sigh* I need to keep reminding myself that God is in control and He knows exactly what is in store for my life. He knows exactly what I will be doing five months, years, or decades from now and I just need to remember that.

~Matt

No comments: