Sunday, March 06, 2005

Cinema Finale

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Well we finished the movie, at least some of us did. My brother-in-law went up to bed just before the half-way point. He was really enjoying the movie, but he just couldn't stay awake.

I did enjoy the movie, but to some extent I think that I've been spoiled by modern movies. When I was in high school I really enjoyed Casablana and Citizen Kane. However I saw many modern movies while I was in college. The pace of Kwai was definately slower than a modern movie and that was something of a distraction as I've grown accustomed to a faster pace. However overall I think that the movie was still good, definately deserving its 7 Academy Awards. I did enjoy the time spent watching it.

~Matt

2 comments:

Matt said...

Yeah, I think that the two of you would enjoy it. Alec Guiness was the British Commander in the film and won an Oscar for his performance.

Matt said...

Oh...one more thing, you can obtain a copy through the library, I just checked the catalog on-line.