Monday, March 14, 2005

Old

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I don't feel as old as this lady looks, and I know that objectively 23 isn't that old, but at the same time I don't feel my age. 23 still seems like an age that is somewhen I should reach years from now, not where I should be today! *sigh* But time marches on.

This morning I slept in until 09:30! I called my mom soon after and asked her if she remembered where she was 23 years ago. She was awake, but apparently my call woke up my father. Sorry Dad! I'm not sure when we'll celebrate my birthday yet, but I know that I'll enjoy whatever happens.

Oh, and the other supervisor for the museum exhibit called me today asking if I would take here shift tomorrow. Of course I said yes! I enjoy the job and can of course use the extra time! Best of all the museum doesn't care since they just end up paying one of us anyway. :-)

~Matt

3 comments:

Mark Baker said...

Happy birthday (a day late.)

I know what you mean. The hardest thing I had to come to grips with in my 20's was the fact that I wasn't married already. And kinda in a dead end job.

Then again, that stuff hasn't changed, and I'm now 30.

Fibonacci said...

I started feeling old at eighteen. No birthdays since then have seemed that significant.

Matt said...

Thanks all. Yeah, I understand Mom, though it is hard.

I was late with yours Mark so all is fair, :-). I know exactly what you mean, but I enjoy my job and hope that it will lead to another.

How old are you now Miah? Are you hitting 25 soon? As a quarter of a century that seems somewhat significant (plus from what I've heard you can then rent a car).