Sunday, April 03, 2005

It still happens

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yeah, I have three things to talk about now instead of the two earlier--so you'll also get treated to three images! :-) I'll give priority to the first issue--I'd just typed up a wonderful, awesome (okay it has disappeared forever so I can say anything I want, right? :-D) blog entry when it was lost as I tried to post. *sigh* I never learn--I should copy it each time incase of error.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Okay, now for my automotive milestone, ;-). Two days ago I was driving home from Khol's with my sister when I looked down to see that the mileage was at 150000.2! I had been looking forward to seeing when it switched over from the 149000 range. *sigh* I know it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but this particular number change won't ever come again on this vehicle.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Don't worry, I've saved the best for last, :-). Near the end of the service Pastor Brad joked that he needed fifteen more minutes put on the clock (since he'd somewhat lost track of time). About nine minutes after that, as he was wrapping up the sermon (but still a few minutes away) the alarm system in the church went off. First bright lights pulsed, and then the alarms started sounding at regular intervals. It must be a new system (it is a fairly new building) as a recorded voice started instructing everyone to exit the building in an orderly and calm manner. The pastor speculated that someone had tripped the alarm, but nonetheless instructed everyone to leave (to be on the safe side), also saying that whoever pulled it should repent on the way out, ;-).

~Matt

PS Hmm...it appears that my earlier post did indeed take, curious. But I think this version is better than the last so I'll let them both stand.

No comments: