Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

How could I forget to blog about this? *sigh* Sometimes I'm so dense I astonish myself. ;-)

I saw the trailer for the movie (to be released December 09) when I went to see Episode III yesterday and I immediately wrote a note so that I wouldn't forget about it. It was awesome in the theater, but a downloaded version still has all the music, even if it isn't surround sound on a giant screen.

Disney is distributing the movie, but thankfully they didn't make it. Walden Media is the company producing the movie and apparently they were founded by a Christian. With that fact and what I saw of the trailer I have high hopes for the movie. I know it can't be perfect (I have some small gripes about The Lord of the Rings after all ;-)) but overall it looks to be good. It is definately about time that these books get a decent treatment, after the old BBC productions that look sadly antiquated today.

~Matt

PS Go to either Narnia.com or Apple's Movie Trailer section to view the trailer.

5 comments:

Yokanchi said...

yeah it looks way cool, i also saw it when i went to see RoS, besides that i saw a bunch of other things i want to see. lol i guess they have a very nicely picked target audience there lol.

Mark Baker said...

That was one thing about the BBC versions, they were 100% accurate.

I know I'll wind up being a hypocrite once I start complaining about the changes they made to the movie version yet telling others they shouldn't have been so picky over LotR.

Still, can't wait to see the movie.

Matt said...

They were? I didn't remember them keeping exactly to the books. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly...

Yokanchi said...

from what i remember they were accurate. we have the whole series, but i haven't watched them in a long time.

Matt said...

Ah, but the movies didn't cover all the books, I do remember that.