Monday, January 23, 2006

47

If you've watched many Star Trek episodes you might have noticed how often the number 47 appears to appear. By this time it definately is deliberate in some aspects, and some people keep track of the appearances. Check out Memory Alpha's article. There is also a link to a list of references. Anyway, I was looking through some old pictures and I found this one.

This picture is from last December when for one of my nephew's birthdays we all went on a Polar Express themed train ride. I enjoyed this picture because it is just a close up of the train without any other distractions, and I don't get as many of these pictures as I'd like--I try, but Chris is much better at it than I.

Well I have at least one more lead lined up. I've applied for a position at a company called Western-Southern--it is an insurance firm. One of the people I work with on evening events at the Museum works there. I'm still looking for other leads, *sigh*... Have I ever mentioned how much I hate looking for work? ;-)

The weekend was a bit sparse on posts, ;-), but I didn't do much, well not much aside from reading. I've been reading through David Weber and John Ringo's Empire of Man series, including a couple in MS Reader eBook form because I don't have hard copies. I only have the hard copies of March Upcountry and March to the Stars because I picked them up at book sales recently. But with a fully functional laptop it isn't really that bad at all to read eBooks--they're very readable and the only inconvience is not being able to take them from the house easily. For that I'll need a PalmPilot or other handheld someday. I've procured many free Baen books and I enjoy their authors that I've read so far (David Weber primarily) so assuming they continue to release CDs with books in electronic format for free I'll keep reading.

~Matt Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joel said...

47 is an interesting number...its prime I believe