Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Busy

Well I was busy and I wasn't. I worked this evening at the museum, so that time was busy--especially since I was hungry, not having time to eat before I left to go in. On the way home (just before 23:00) I stopped by Wendy's and picked up three dollar menu items: bacon cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, and french fries. I felt so hungry that it tasted amazing...;-)

Earlier I went back to the library book sale--today they had a much better selection than yesterday. I think I'll go back Thursday and/or Friday. Friday is the five dollars a bag final day sale. I'm not sure if there will be enough good books left at that point to justify doing that, so I might just go Thursday to make sure that I get everything good. But buying a couple dozen paperbacks at a quarter a book isn't bad at all! Especially when I've been looking for some for quite a while, and others will eventually give me places to expand my collection to complete trilogies and other series--for now they're just getting packed away if I don't think I might read them in the near future.

Chris also dropped off my application at the Cincinnati library since I didn't have time to go in with it myself (it was due today--I just found the position on-line a day or two ago). I was planning on running up with him, but he took off thinking that I'd already been to the library. And while he was walking around Cincinnati he walked by the library. But I had to drop the sportsnut nephew (;-)) off at physical therapy (and then pick him up) so I didn't have time for anything before work. *shrugs*

It was a good night--but I'll be back tomorrow for another night. But that night I'll not be the supervisor, but filling in since I couldn't get enough staff to work. Now I'd much rather schedule enough staff, but I'm not adverse to working more and thus getting paid more than I would otherwise. :-)

No more author reports right now--but I've just started Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea, and I'm enjoying it.

~Matt

PS My nephew's surgery went great--he was home a couple hours after it was over. It will take him a bit to heal, but at this point everything looks great.

No comments: