Monday, February 20, 2006

Mañana

Tomorrow I have two appointments with temp agencies, one at 09:30 and the second at 14:00. Hopefully in between the two I'll have time to go by the agencies that I registered with here in Kentucky last January. I'm still hoping that other jobs will pan out--but if not these might get me something at least. And I'm certainly not adverse to a temp-to-hire position if I can land one. :-)

This poem I wrote a week ago yesterday at church. 'Tis an old habit of mine writing poetry during church sermons--I think I started it during chapel when I was in college actually. :-) Yes, I do still pay attention--in fact sometimes writing the poetry helps me to stay focused on the sermon.


Faith's Furnace

Burn away the dross,
- Sear the open wound.
Give to me O Lord,
- Your strength in me.

My flesh does strive,
- Against your Truth
Come to me O Lord,
- Your presence in me

Work through my life,
- Root out treason.
Live in me O Lord,
- Your assurance in me.

My mind will wander,
- Away from worship.
Lead in me O Lord,
- Your purpose in me.

Tear down my lies,
- Strike down the sin.
Grow in me O Lord,
- Your victory in me.

That is all for now, well, except that I haven't been watching as much of the Olympics as I would like. But it seems every time I turn it on I see ice skating or speed skating. Everything else I enjoy, skiing, hockey, heck even curling--but those two aren't my favourites. *shrugs* I still have a few days left to change my bad habits--especially with CBS only airing rereuns.

~Matt

1 comment: