Wednesday, February 22, 2006

William Henry Harrison

My first grade nephew came home today and as my sister started in on homework with the kids he reminded her that he has a report due tomorrow. Usually she asks me to help the kids with things like this (I helped my niece make her Valentine's day box) because she has already done many projects with the kids and doesn't want to do any more. For me it is the first time so it doesn't bother me as much, ;-). The report had to be on a president, but not Washington, Lincoln, or George W. Bush. Of course we could have gone with a president that was familiar like those three, but where is the fun in that? :-)

We decided on William Henry Harrison. You remember him, right? Grandfather of Benjamin Harrison, the 23rd president--he died after only a month in office. He was also known as Tippecanoe after the battle he wone early in his military career. If I'd thought about it a bit longer I might have gone for someone even more forgetable like Polk or Hayes, but...*shrugs* 'Twas fun anyway!

~Matt Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joel said...

Thats cool, I wish I had students who had parents or uncles who think outside the box!