Thursday, April 27, 2006

Borders de Abril

Well I just got back from Borders. I spent my April quarter money already. ;-) At the end of March I cashed (i.e. converted my quarters into bills) most of my money, what would convert to $10 increments. I did the same this month, even though the month is not yet over. I basically spent all of the money this evening. The rest of my quarters from this month I'll simply continue to save. The problem with me is that I see books and I want them, :-). It wouldn't really do me much good to space the money out as I bought one hard cover today (though I used a 30% off coupon) that had just been published and one trade paperback.

Right now I need to get back to the book I'm currently reading. I'm a bit under fifty pages from the end and I want to finish it quickly so that I can start on my new books. I'm somewhat disappointed with this book so I want it to end so that I can see if it can manage to surprise me or simply live up to my now dismal expectations. It isn't bad enough that I want to abandon the book, just finish it quickly. Part of the problem is that it is a fantasy quest-themed novel with a character traveling from our world. But there are some unusual twists, I have not noticed them being fully exploited however.

I must get to reading it though, unfortunately I cannot read it and type this at the same time.

~Matt

No comments: