Saturday, April 15, 2006

Heat

It was almost eighty today (at the least, it might have been higher), though with the humidity and coming after winter it felt much hotter. The last three days I've worked 09:00-17:00, outside working with carts the whole time (except for breaks and visiting the drinking fountain frequently). I just noticed after Thursday that my arms were slightly sunburned! I could finally see a watch mark on my arm again, as well as one on my right wrist where I wear the Livestrong bracelet my dad gave me. I hadn't had such marks all winter since I'd been inside much of the time and we didn't have many bright hot days.

A few parts of my head are a bit red, but not too much. I wear a cap, have Transitions lense glasses, and my hair is long. I've been telling my mom for a while that my hair is longer than it has ever been before and how much I enjoy it. But she keeps reminding me that I haven't shown her a picture so she can't really picture it or know exactly what I'm talking about. I am planning to get a haircut, I've just not gotten around to it for quite a while...;-) As I mentioned above I wore my cap all day so this picture which Chris took after dinner this evening, evidences "hat hair" to an extreme. I'm quite certain that Mark would never go for a hair style like mine, in fact he might even be shuddering now as I know how much he likes baldness.

I finished When Dragons Rage yesterday right after work and started The Grand Crusade. I kept going for a few hours and did my best to finish, but alas sleep finally took me. I'm going through it now and since there is nothing new on TV to distract me I'm really hoping that I can finish it tonight. In one way I definately do not want to be done as I will really miss these books, but on the other hand I want to see what is going to happen even more! :-)

~Matt

1 comment:

Mark Baker said...

How can you stand having hair that long?

*Shudder*