Sunday, April 23, 2006

I'd better post now

Or I'll never get it in today. I work this afternoon/evening until 23:00. Today I went to first service, not only because I work this afternoon but because everybody else went then and thus I had a free ride. I like not having to pay for gas when I don't have to! :-) We are part-way through a series on heaven. 'Tis good, though I have heard some before. At TMC we didn't just take heaven for granted as some places might.

I need to get some more pictures up. I also made some wooden furniture for the stick fort I mentioned in my last post. I'm having fun with my nephews out there. It is somewhat like being a kid again--but this time I have more experience and some things are much easier for it. I put together a table that the LEGO figures could stand at and I just produced a throne this afternoon.

Last night I watched Wallace and Grommit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. It was a great flick. I'd had it on hold at the library for quite a while and it finally came in this week. Last night was the first night that I had time to watch it--so I did with two of my nephews.

~Matt

1 comment:

Matt said...

I should explain the heaven/TMC comment. The pastor made the point that heaven is largely assumed in the evangelical community and only merits small mention in may volumes. However, he didn't include Grudem's Systematic Theology on his list--the volume I used in my Christian Theology classes at Master's and if I remember correctly it had significantly more than two pages out of 750 about heaven.