Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Museum

Well yesterday I recieved a message that we're having an event at the museum this Friday that I'd not heard about before! I think I'll be able to fully staff it though, which is especially important since I'm working 14:00 - 22:00 at bigg's so I can't come in. Things coming in last minute just make life interesting as long as I have time to deal with them.

Oh, and I had a message when I came home today to call someone from the museum. I've put the number into my phone so I can call tomorrow at lunch. The only reason I can think that somebody at the museum (and I don't recognize the name) would want me to call back is that it is related to the position I applied for in the gift shops. I'd thought that it was already filled, but I could be wrong. I don't want to get my hopes up, but this could be good. Hopefully I'll find out for sure when I call tomorrow and I might be able to talk to the person in charge of my schedule at bigg's. I've thought that if I could switch one of my days off and my work days to a four hour night shift each day I could gain three day-time days of opportunity for a part-time job. I'm just not sure if it is viable yet. I didn't want to mention it when I had no idea if I had a chance of getting the job. If I'm right when I'm guessing about this call then I'll have something concrete to ask about. I'm assuming that since they want me to call back it isn't to say, "don't come in to interview, we already hired somebody else." *shrugs* I'll see. Further speculation is useless at this point. For good or ill I should have this partially figured out by lunch tomorrow.

Ugh, today wasn't too fun. I did get $8.50 in quarters, but it also poured for a couple hours. My left boot is still fine, but two scratches in my right boot let in water. I need to find something to seal them before it rains again! I still enjoy rain, just not when I'm working outside!

~Matt

No comments: