Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sleep

Well I definately intended to post this last night so that I would keep up my rhythm of posting every day, but alas I fell asleep before I could type and post this entry. Sleep has been interesting lately. My schedule fluctuates so much that my sleeping schedule is somewhat crazy. I might work 14:00-22:00 a couple days then 09:00-17:00 for a couple more with a day off in between.

I'm glad to have this job as it is bringing in money--but it isn't enough. I'd rather work with people a bit more, even if I'm in a cubicle next door to co-workers. On this job too often I'm just on my own wandering through the store or the lot as I work. It does provide some good time to think up ideas for my stories, but really too much time. I don't think that I'll be able to get the part-time position I applied for at the museum--I haven't heard anything back yet and the position is no longer listed. Therefore I need to edit my resume and get serious about finding other work. The problem is I barely make enough money at bigg's for my current situation, and it isn't at all enough to let me live on my own, :(.

~Matt

2 comments:

Qalmlea said...

Based on personal experience, if that's where you need to be for the time being, then that's where you'll stay. If you truly need to be somewhere else, something will turn up. You just have to keep your eyes open for it. (Incidentally, have you tried getting any of your stories published? Even if it's only a short story in a magazine, that would help bring in a bit more money)

Matt said...

Yeah, I'm not planning on quitting this job until I find something. 'Tis just that this job is giving me reasons to jump-start my looking, ;-). It just isn't something (besides the financial aspects) that I want to be doing a year from now.

I haven't looking into selling stories, primarily because I've only finished two. Those two need quite a bit of editing--though I do have another on the table. However, thanks for the idea--it is definately something to consider! :-) That could give me impetus to finish the stories!