Friday, April 14, 2006

Thunder

About four this morning I woke to the sound of rolling thunder. As it was warm last night I'd left the windows to my room open, though the blinds closed. When I woke though lightning filled the sky several times along with the sound of thunder and I could hear rain pouring down. Therefore I decided that I had to close the windows. While I do really enjoy a good thunderstorm in the middle of the night I enjoy sleep even more. Thankfully I was able to go back to sleep fairly soon.

Unfortunately I only get to work inside for the first two hours today--after that, for the remaining six hours of my shift, I'm on carts. *sigh* Hopefully the rain won't come back and I'll just have to deal with puddles on the ground and such, but I'm not really too hopeful. The forecast tied into my Google toolbar says "Light Thunderstorm Rain." But at least it has 63 as the temperature, that won't be too bad!

~Matt

No comments: