Monday, April 24, 2006

Today, Today

Well, what did I do today? I was supposed to work, but then yesterday I remembered that I had switched my shift today with a coworker's shift tomorrow. I had to call him this morning to double-check, but he confirmed that he was working today. The shift is from 12:00-20:00, so I didn't have to call or get up especially early anyway.

Unfortunately my sister isn't feeling well--it has the appearance of the flu in the wake of a migraine, so she was pretty much out of commission today. I helped out as much as I could, even cooking dinner. Of course it was pretty difficult, ;-). Mac and cheese. The kids are strange however. I fixed two boxes, and sometimes there will be many leftovers from such a serving. Tonight though they ate every bit. *shrugs* It is quite strange how much their appetites can fluctuate.

I just recieved an e-mail from my parents. They've been crossing the southern part of the country enroute to the wedding of one of my cousins. They're currently in Florida. That and Georgia (which they just went through) are two of the Southern states I never managed to visit while I was traveling with them as a kid. I'm quite jealous! I'm not sure but they might have even been through Louisiana on their way--the only state west of the Mississippi (mostly) I've missed in the lower 48. Well someday I'll have to get down to Florida to visit my aunt there. She lives in St. Cloud, right near Orlando. Really I'd be going to visit her, with DisneyWorld just a side trip. Really! ;-)

This evening I watched Chicken Little. I have it on hold from the library (I need to cancel the hold) but this weekend my brother-in-law went out and rented it. I quite enjoyed it. Yes some parts were definately cliched, but overall I enjoyed the humour and referential humour--especially the opening sequence. The ending wasn't bad either, G-rated enough for a kids movie, but still interesting.

~Matt

No comments: