Thursday, May 04, 2006

CSI

Well tonight a new episode of CSI is on, and I'm home to watch it! Yeah! I still enjoy CSI, years after I started watching it. This season has been especially good with several episodes that tweaked the normal formula and brought out the character's personalities and quirks. I'm speaking here of the original CSI, set in Las Vegas.

For a while I watched CSI: New York and CSI: Miami, but I've since given up on both. At first it was enjoyable to watch the new cities and new cast members, but earlier this year I realized how far the two "sequels" are in quality from the original. I don't know so much that it is the fault of the actors, mainly I think it is the writers (though I do like the Las Vegas actors best). I can't quite put my finger on specifics, but the writing is always weaker on NY and Miami. They make mistakes, rush things, or always have suspects confess to wrap up the case. Even with things like the "mole in the department" thread on Miami I found myself becoming less and less interested in the two shows. Finally I gave up on them altogether. I haven't watched a new or old episode of either show for probably two months now, and I'm not missing them at all! Now the Las Vegas show on the other hand I plan to keep watching as long as it is made--assuming that it doesn't jump the shark.

~Matt

No comments: