Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back to work

Well today I go back to work--we'll see how it goes. For my part I'm still resolved to leave as soon as possible, ;-). I'll still work as hard as ever, and do my best to ensure no futher misunderstandings occur. I also need to return my benefits package information saying that I don't want benefits. I don't know how long I'll keep the job, but probably not long enough to have benefits. See, by law you are supposed to take several breaks throughout your day--e.g. in an eight hour day you take two fifteen minute paid breaks and a half-hour lunch (unless your employer said to take more...) Well they neglected to tell me at bigg's that if I take that lunch I will not meet the 40 hour per week average required to acquire benefits in three months. You can only do that if you skip your full lunch--as apparently many people do. I prefer that break, that half-hour of sanity in the middle of my day, so I always take it. Grr...just another bad thing about the whole place.

I've turned in an application at McDonalds to apply to be a manager--my nephew who works there thinks I can get the job. I'm hoping! Even if it doesn't pay more it should be a better job and look much better on my resume. I have several other applications pending on-line, and I should be calling my brother tomorrow night to talk career and job-hunting advice. I was supposed to call him the last two nights, but Tuesday I was at McDonald's applying and last night my event ran longer than expected. *sigh* Hopefully nothing will happen tomorrow night--I'm off and have no events scheduled, so I should be fine (unless Murphy strikes again!).

~Matt

No comments: