Saturday, July 15, 2006

Alive?

Fortunately yes. :-) I don't have time for a long post now. I'm using my brother's dial-up connection (yes some people have dial-up. I don't know why, but he does...*shrugs* ;-)) late at night. I've had a great time and will definately post pictures (plus earlier pictures that I wasn't able to take because my camera battery was dead). Don't let me forget the twenty miles from Hell when I describe this weekend--but also canoeing (a much better experience!).

Good night for now--except that I must say I saw Pirates again today and it was again a great movie. My brother is quite impatient though (but he does like music) and never sits through credits--therefore he had no idea there was a scene at the end of Curse of the Black Pearl (he owns that DVD) let alone after Dead Man's Chest! I had driven to the theater--so we waited. :-) If you haven't seen the scene after CotBP, you must before watching DMC--the monkey is a central character, and you will be puzzled like my nephews were if you've not seen the short post-credits scene.

Tomorrow morning I must arise early and leave by seven so that I can be back in time for work. Unfortunately they wouldn't give me Sunday off because the store manager doesn't like people to have three days off in a row (despite the fact that unasked they gave me four days off in a row two weekends ago--it gave me my latest set of ten days of work in a row as a consequence, even though it was apparently a reward for working on the Fourth of July? *shrugs* I don't get it). I don't see the problem if the department manager arranges it and all shifts are covered--other employees have told me that it wasn't that way in the past. *sigh* I shouldn't really complain anyway.

Combined with the advice I recieved from my brother this evening I'm doing everything that I can to get away from bigg's--quickly! It is only if I have to take another job that doesn't pay enough that I'll consider staying on part-time as Eric in LP (our semi-manager) keeps asking me to do. He even thinks I might want to stay at bigg's--but I inwardly shudder every time I hear this. If I had the savings I would quit tomorrow and force myself to job-search full-time. I hate the place and feel stifled there.

Wow, this was long for a short post--but short for one of my old mammoth posts. ;-) Good (very early) morning to those of you on the East Coast, and good evening to those of you in points west.

~Matt

No comments: