Friday, July 28, 2006

Musings

Well blogging via Picasa has been improved. I can now type in the title and make other changes, I may just go back to this now. ;-)

I just got back from seeing Lady in the Water. Sadly (for the theatre and film, but somewhat nicer for me) the theater was mostly empty. I enjoyed the movie, but as with M. Night's other projects it was definately different. The unfolding of the plot was never quite what I expected. I did enjoy the character of the critic. :-)

The picture above is a screenshot that I took while watching Forrest Gump. Yes, it is a recreation from a movie--but methinks the sentiments were real. How often do the Democrats/liberals/anti-war crowd call Iraq another Vietnam. Yet they claim they support the troops. Methinks with reactions to Haditha and Abu Graib (sp?) what they have been these people really do want another Vietnam with disgraced and ignored troops.

~Matt Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fibonacci said...

Actually, from what I've been told, the sentiment on that sign is a good deal more supportive of the troops than the anti-war people generally were at the time. Solidiers returning home had to be protected from the crowds in the airport.