Saturday, August 19, 2006

How was work tonight?

I'm so glad that you asked. It wasn't fun, at all. It was quite warm, and quite humid. Sweat soaked through my shirt several times (between which it only ever partially dried). Guess what? Yep, I'm still pulling carts in by hand. We still don't have a cart caddy. And do you know what was even better? I was on my own for five of eight hours--on a weekend night! *sigh* It could have been worse thankfully. But next week doesn't look great.

I'm off Monday and Tuesday, but then Wednesday and Thursday I'll be doing carts alone in the evening--I can only hope the cart caddy will be back by then. Then for some absurd reason nobody is scheduled to work Friday or Saturday before 14:00!! I have no idea what anybody is thinking. I need to talk Eric (the guy in LP who writes the schedule) when he gets back from vacation. I don't really want to come in on a Saturday to see carts after nobody has been working on them all morning. Today Mike had to have Nick from LP help him for a few hours or he would never have kept up with the carts. Nick was quite grateful to see me come in to help Mike for his last three hours so that he could go inside. I was told that LP was supposed to help us with carts or inside whenever we needed it--but they're quite reluctant. And if they're hear late or early they NEVER bring carts in if the lot is bad.

~Matt

No comments: