Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Spam

I try not to use my main (gmail) address for anything free or not too important--for that I use a hotmail, Yahoo, or other account. I use my Gmail account for paid items (eBay, PayPal, student loans), i.e. important things. However, I've recently seeen a dramatic upswing in my reciept of spam.

I'm sure that it was inevitable once I started using the e-mail address in more places on-line (i.e. ordering from different websites)--or once one spammer found it or started randomly targeting used Gmail addresses. I've been saving all of my spam since sometime last Thursday, just to see how many I recieve in a week. Gmail has only missed two or three, and in all the time I've had the account has only mislabeled two or three legitimate e-mails as spam. So far I'm up to 59 spam in my spam folder. I don't know how high it will have climbed by tomorrow evening.

~Matt

3 comments:

Matt said...

The total is currently 73.

Matt said...

83 at this time.

Matt said...

The triple digit benchmark has been surpassed. Spam broached the 102 mark today.