Thursday, September 07, 2006

Longhorn

What does that look like to you? It is a stain that has been on the sidewalk in front of the house for the better part of a year. I finally took a picture today after wanting to do so for months. I don't remember when it first appeared--but I wanted to take a picture immediately. Of course every time I remembered I didn't have my camera and it wasn't convenient to go get it. But at last yesterday was my chance. I'm just glad that it hasn't washed away.

I don't know what the substance it is, so don't ask. But I think it is awesome how the random stain fell to look like a longhorn skull. Even more amazing is the fact that it has weathered months of weather, feet, bike wheels, and all manner of other abrasive surfaces and objects. It is a surviver! When I mentioned this to one of my nephews my sister said that she had never noticed it before.

~Matt

4 comments:

kate said...

I can see the longhorn, as well as an upsidedown person doing the splits with his/her/its back turned to the, uh, sky.

Becky said...

I can't see the person, but Freud would no doubt have an analysis for you.

kate said...

Hmm, perhaps.
It could also be a peculiar airplane.

f8d90a said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.