Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I miss TV sometimes

On nights like the last one I really miss having a TV close by.  Without internet access or TV I just went to bed not knowing anything about the election.  This morning I got to work and looked up a bit of news, but it took me a few mintues to piece things together.  It was easy to see that the House was lost, but a bit longer to find out the the Senate is still iffy.

Honestly in some ways I've been disgusted with Republican spending (they're as bad as drunken Democrats often) so this isn't all bad.  Up front I can only see two bad things (besides Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, *shudder*), 1) Dems might really interfere with the war in Iraq, and 2) they will greatly influence the next Supreme Court influence.

Since nobody in government has the guts to stand up to the Supreme Court and constitutionally limit their power or try to make the system actually balanced (unlike the current system that John Marshall established by fiat), I think it is critical that decent judges like Alito and Thomas (to just name two) are nominated and confirmed to the highest court.

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: