Friday, November 24, 2006

I'm back

Yes, I am back, but Chris was back hours ago.  He chickened out because he wasn't first and because he wasn't feeling well.  Then Ryan and his friends hung out with more friends around the corner of the building so I sat by myself most of the night.  I read for a couple hours, but then I was dozing and the parking lot lights turned off at midnight.

Ryan was camping out last weekend for a Wii and found out that the lights have been on a timer for a couple months after corporate ordered it.  I guess they couldn't override it for one night.  Anyway, I was in a sleeping bag at this point because my feet were so cold in my boots.  Once out of my boots in the bottom of the bag they became quite toasty.  I stretched out with my legs on another chair and eventually lay atop three different foldable chairs to form a serviceable "bed."  I think I slept for a couple hours, then at three the lights came on as the first employees arrived.  Many people at that point started taking care of things even though we had an hour until tickets (to reserve your copy of an item until noon) were handed out starting at 04:00 and two hours until the store opened at 05:00.

I kept the sleeping bag until it was nearer to four.  It wasn't a bad night overall, and I did get a couple things.  I bought a 2gig SD memory card for the PDA I think I'm going to get as well as two stacks of 100 DVD-Rs for only $5.00 a stack!  (normal list price of $70.00!)  Oh, and I bought a universal remote so that I can control the volume on the TV I'm borrowing from Chris to have hooked up to my DVD player.  It has been quite annoying to have to walk up to the TV to adjust the volume as the movie goes up and down in volume.

That's all for now.  I'm not yet sure if I'm going to sleep any more or perhaps take a nap later today or go to bed early.  I'm at my sister's and haven't bothered to go home yet.  What is the point?  We entered the store right at 5:00 and were one of the first ones to the registers (we walked through a long queue area but didn't have to wait at all).  Chris is playing Zelda on Ryan's Wii right now and I'm just browsing the internet...

Good morning!

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! What a dedicated bargain hunter you are! I have never spent the night at a store for anything. You certainly got some great deals for your efforts, congratulations!

Interesting that you are buying accessories for a possible gift though.

I did go shopping today, but only to two stores. Got some good bargains, even so.

Matt said...

Oh, I didn't realize it could be read that way. I didn't mean a possible gift, except as in a gift from me to me.

Fibonacci said...

There's already a Zelda game for the Wii? I don't know if that's good or bad. On the N64, Mario came first and Zelda later, and this was a very good thing because it gave them time to perfect the glitches in camera movement.

Matt said...

It is the Game Cube Zelda game that has been slightly modified to take advantage of the Wii motion sensing capabilities.