Friday, December 08, 2006

That is the projected wind chill for today.  Brrr...  Thankfully I'm working inside all day, even if a bit late up at the museum.  A last minute event runs until 23:00.  Last night was a different story.  All I was missing was long underwear--I either need to buy some, or borrow some long term from my brother-in-law.

I had two pairs of socks (one pair thick), boots rated as insulated, pants, T-shirt, uniform button shirt, long sleeved uniform pullover, heavy winter jacket, small gloves (nearly skintight cloth), thick gloves.  Then I had my ball cap on my head, wrapped my six foot Pashmina (Christmas present last year from my sister and brother-in-law--he bought it in Turkey) around to cover my mouth, and pulled a knit cap over the top to further protect my ears.  Except for my legs I was actually warm and could function as I pulled carts in.  I'm glad nobody called my work phone as I could hardly have answered it.  I did have a problem with my glasses fogging up though, so I tried to keep wiping them off or looking over them blurringly.  It wasn't great fun, but it wasn't as bad as I'd expected either.

~Matt
--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: