Tuesday, December 05, 2006

50º

Well I finally turned my heat on yesterday.  With temperatures back down to 20º and showing no signs of warming up too much in the near future I decided it was finally time to bite the bullet.  However, I've only set the thermostat to 50º.  If I'm going to be around for a few hours (such as this evening when I'm not at bigg's, yeah!) I will probably turn it up a bit.  However, when I'm only around to sleep and for a couple of hours before that it is pointless to keep the place toasty.

Additionally I don't like sleeping in a warm room.  It should be cold (or at least cool) in a bedroom in winter.  I'm sure that Mark won't want to visit anytime soon, but I suppose that if he did I would turn the heat up so he wouldn't turn into a human popsicle.

But more about bigg's.  Apparently because I need Friday off to work and event at the museum they only need me to work three days this week.  I'm not going to complain.  Yes, my paycheck will be a tad lower, but on the other hand I've put in many extra hours at the museum for this two-week pay period.  Last week I had 27 hours.  That isn't bad when I planned on just 8 per week!  :-)

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

2 comments:

Mark Baker said...

I turn my heat down when no one is home either. But my understanding is that major increases and decreases in temps actually are worse for your bill then keeping the temp realtively the same.

50 degrees? I'm turning into a popcycle just thinking about it.

Matt said...

Yeah, I've heard the same about changes as well. That is why I only plan to turn it up when I'm going to be around for more than a late nights (i.e. home after work at 22:00 or 21:00)--and that should only happen once a week (if that). I don't figure that change should hurt my bill too much. I'll see.

I thought you might react that way. I just had a feeling...;-)