Monday, December 04, 2006

I survived

Yes, the weekend was long, but actually enjoyable. After working for fifteen hours at the museum on Saturday I really didn't feel that tired. I enjoy work there so much that in some ways it really isn't work. If I had been at bigg's for fifteen hours I would have been quite exhausted.

Last night however, went later than I had thought it would. Sunday evening is the night that housekeeping comes through to vacuum the entire exhibit, and I have to stay for that time when I'm filling in as supervisor. I had planned to clean out my bedroom so that I could start to move my new furniture back in there, but I was too tired and it was too cold.

I think that I'm about ready to start turning the heat on in my apartment. Up until now it hasn't been that cold and I've not been home much. I'm still not home much, but it is getting colder and I'm wanting to do more things when I am home. Things that are hard to do if you're cold when not sitting with a blanket. If I just want to read or watch a movie I don't mind a cold room and sitting/laying under a blanket. But if I need to be mobile, I'd prefer it to be warmer. I'll have to say goodbye to energy bills as low as they've been however, but I think I can survive that if I don't turn the heat up to sweltering, ;-).

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: