Thursday, December 07, 2006

Not at work?

Aye, I'm not at work this morning.  After several weeks of trouble (during which time I haven't had the time to attempt to fix it) my starter finally gave out.  I had to call into work where by boss told me to get my car fixed and come in tomorrow.  I'll miss the day's pay, but I'm glad he was understanding about it.  I had to borrow my sister's van to drive down and buy a new starter ($113).  Then I spent a couple hours with my brother-in-law coaching me to pull out the old one and put in the new one.

Oh, did I forget to mention that it snowed this morning?  Had I left on time I think I would have been okay and missed the snow as it didn't start until seven thirty (when I clock in).  It is a cold day.  I'm definitely going to post pictures of my old starter and any I can snap of the snow outside.  It also looks as though there might be another event tomorrow evening at the Museum Center.  Fun, fun these last minute deals.  I'm sure keeping busy!

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: