Saturday, December 16, 2006

Our Condition

I was reading my devotions last night when I came across the following
from Spurgeon. I think it especially apt as it describes our normal
condition.

"Wonder at the price that was paid for us when Christ knew what we
should be! He who hung upon the cross foresaw us as unbelieving,
backsliding, cold of heart, indifferent, careless, lax in prayer, and
yet he said, "I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy
Saviour ... Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been
honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee,
and people for thy life!" O redemption, how wondrously resplendent
dost thou shine when we think how black we are! O Holy Spirit, give us
henceforth the hearing ear, the understanding heart!"

So yes I made it to California okay. I'll post about the flight a bit
later. I just woke up and need to get ready for a busy day with my
California nerfs.

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: