Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A bit chilly?

I got a weather report from California this weekend.  My sister that lives right near TMC told me that when the temperature got down to 15º their pipes froze!  They didn't have running water until ten something in the morning (after she'd gotten back from a doctor's appointment).  They aren't exactly used to weather quite this cold. It can get below freezing (slightly) at night there (a bit north of LA), but not usually this cold.  I heard from my mom yesterday that thankfully only one pipe burst, and it was out back, not in the house.

Meanwhile in northern Kentucky we've been having a mild rainy winter.  I'm not complaining too much, except being outside with carts tonight at bigg's I'd rather have snow that I can brush off rather than cold rain that will chill me.  *shrugs*  Overall we've had many days in the hight forties fr fifties and few that get below the twenties.

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: