Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Expiration

It was rather obvious last night that I was following a car with expired tags. I wasn't driving so close that I could read the plate's tags, I could only see the plate itself. That was enough however. Kentucky switched to a new plate design in 2006 and the last of the old plates should have been gone by Sunday for those with December birthdays.

This plate was clearly the old smiley-faced sun plate. The new plate is white with blue lettering and the tag "Unbridled Spirit" along with a small state outline. Apparently Kentucky cops can now pull you over for just having an unbuckled seat belt--it doesn't have to be preceded by another reason for stopping you. Nobody knows how many cops will be exercising this option. Along those same veins I wonder how many will glance at plates and take an easy opportunity to pull someone over for expired tags.

~Matt

powered by performancing firefox

No comments: