Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's a long walk

>From the entrance back to the maintenance building. The facility where I normally work, in Florence, is housed in one large building to which additions have been made as the plant expands. Here the philosophy was apparently to make many small buildings. Perhaps in the spring and autumn this makes for nice walks outside as you go about your business. In the winter though it isn't so fun.


On a more positive note, though I did have to wake up early this morning I didn't hit much traffic coming north. As a consequence I arrived a bit more than thirty minutes ahead of schedule. I think that this might become my new starting time up here (07:00 instead of 07:30). I will have to get up and leave earlier, but I'm afraid that if I try to leave later I'll hit traffic and be even later instead of closer to being on time. This will mean that I leave thirty minutes earlier than I'm used to, and I suppose that is a good trade off for loosing a bit of sleep. I might be able to avoid evening rush hour (or at least the worst of it) and still have time to do some thing before heading into bigg's.


Anyway, I think that thing will work out while I'm up here. Hopefully I'll be able to keep busy and be helpful doing something useful.


~Matt



--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: