Sunday, January 14, 2007

Overdrawn Humour

Earlier this evening I watched an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (my first actually) with my sister and nerfs. It was a hilarious ride through a bad movie. The movie in question was Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. The film features a character who ends up stuck in what is essentially virtual reality.

When the character ends up gaining control of his environment he begins to make changes. One of these changes is to apparently generate heavy snowfall inside the atrium of a building. One of the MST viewers remarks that this (snowfall) must be how much pure cocaine it takes to enjoy the movie.

At this point we were cracking up so much that my sister had to pause the tape for a couple minutes. Then we even replayed the segment a couple times for my nephew that didn't watch the entire show.

I can hardly wait to see more episodes. I bought my sister a DVD pack (unfortunately with only one DVD, :() today at the book sale. That book sale was a great haul, including an 1890 volume by Henry Stanley (the man famous for discovering Dr. Livingston in Africa). I'll try to nail down exactly what I got later. It was especially fun finding several things for my nerfs, I love giving them books.

~Matt



powered by performancing firefox

No comments: