Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow where?

My sister told me yesterday that one of our nieces called her. She kept insisting that it was (the word appeared to be) snowing. However, my niece lives in Southern California, so my sister knew it must be another word that sounded like snow, even though she couldn't figure it out.

Finally she asked "is it snowing?" figuring that our niece would say, "No Aunt Laurie, that's silly, it is ______." However, to her surprise she said, "yes!" The cold snap continued and combined with moisture to spell snow for large areas of Southern California. It didn't stretch down to my parent's place, but it hit other locales.

Why did something like this never happen while I was in college in the area? I wouldn't have liked driving in it, but I didn't have a car most of my time in college, but it would have been cool. I'd love to see how all of the Californians reacted to something so strange. I can't tell you how many people I knew that had never traveled out of California, sometimes not even much beyond the LA metropolitan area.

~Matt




powered by performancing firefox

No comments: