Friday, March 02, 2007

Yeti

You can tell what I've been thinking about lately. I have Disney on the brain. When I snapped this picture just after being stopped in traffic I didn't think of mythical creatures from the snowy mountains of Central Asia.

No, I thought of the version that currently resides in Florida at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Yes, I speak (er, type) of Expedition Everest, the new ride at Disney World. I've never been there, but I almost feel as though I have been.

I've been listening to several Disney podcasts and they have included both audio and video of the ride as well as much talking about it. If you're at all lonely for the Disney parks or want to know what you've missed by not visiting then you should check out the Window to the Magic, one of the best unofficial podcasts that I've had the good fortune to stumble across. Try a recent episode or two, and then if you're truly hooked you can do as I did and download them all from the start! ;-)

I started this back in December and just finished up earlier this week--but I usually just listen at work (Givaudan and bigg's) since that is the only free listening time I have. Anyway, I'm now kicking myself for not visiting Disneyland more growing up, or even when I was in college. Hopefully I'll be able to visit my Aunt who works with Wycliffe (now headquartered in Orlando!) sometime in the next few years and pay a visit to the Mouse's world.

~Matt

No comments: