Saturday, May 05, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

First of all I should have mentioned it earlier, but today is Free Comic Book Day! If it isn't already too late in the day click the link above, enter your zip code, and find a participating store near you! You may not go to all the activities you'll find, but at least you can go and get free stuff. It is great fun!

Of course that isn't all I'm doing today. I've switched days at the Museum this weekend (I go in tomorrow after church to work instead of today). Today I am going up there to see Titanic with my sister, brother-in-law, Chris, and his girlfriend. Hopefully we can get up there in the first batch of people so we can avoid most of the crowds that may come later in the day. Many people still think this is the last weekend even though the exhibit has been extended for another week.

After we get through the exhibit I'll come home for my main reason for taking the day off (I planned to go through the exhibit with family earlier, but my brother-in-law flew an extra flight that interfered with those plans). I'm going to take three of my nerfs (the youngest boys) and head out to local comic book shops. Last year we just hit three. We'll be starting a bit later, but I plan to hit the two in Kentucky and at least a couple in Cincinnati. I figure the fun will be worth the extra gas--even if it is above $3.00 a gallon at every station I see!

Well now I need to head off to take a shower and get ready for the day. I just need to remember that I'm going to have fun today. That should be my primary concern as I'll try not to get annoyed by jerks on the road or other potential distractions. :-)

~Matt

1 comment:

Yokanchi said...

aHa!! I found you!!