Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Gainful employment?

I got a call back from Answers in Genesis--their background check is still ongoing, but because it is taking so long and they're opening so soon (May 28) they want to hire me on a contingency basis (i.e. if the background check process turns up something really bad they'll let me go).  I accepted and will be figuring out how much notice I need to give my day job tomorrow.  I turned in notice at bigg's tonight that I would be quitting after my last scheduled day next week (whenever that is, I don't have that schedule yet).  That was exciting.

I'm hoping my current day job doesn't ask for two weeks tomorrow morning--if they insist I will give it to them (though I don't have to) because I feel that I owe them that much for the time (6-7 months) that I've been working there--but I just hope that they'd be happy with less.  I figure that they haven't offered me a real job in all this time, so they shouldn't really expect me to stick around forever.  I would be there still if the AIG thing hadn't landed in my lap after a search of their website.  I wasn't searching actively for work because I didn't have time--just on the lookout for really good opportunities.  What was the point of trying to squeeze in interviews for a job only marginally better than what I already had.  *shrugs*  Hopefully I'll have a good update tomorrow.  I know AIG wants me to start training ASAP, so I'll let you know when that actually happens.

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Matt. It sounds like a great job. Does it have benefits? Better pay?
Cheryl

Mark Baker said...

I haven't been by for a while, so this is old news now, but congrats! Hope it is going well.

Anonymous said...

Come to see us contemporary to buy more low-down and facts anyway Visit us at the moment to grasp more knowledge and facts at all events [url=http://select.compare.com.pl]kurs stylizacji paznokci[/url]