Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Independently mobile again

No this isn't my car, but practically identical. This image came from Wikipedia and is labeled as a 1995 year vehicle--mine is 1994, but the same colour. Unfortunately mine doesn't look so nice. It is once again drivable however!

I just received a call from my brother-in-law to say that the vehicle has been fixed. :-) It cost less than half of what it might have as the mechanic was able to salvage the wheel hub when repairing the brakes (I think that was what the problem was). I consider it quite a bargain when I realize what I might have had to pay.

Now I can stop borrowing family vehicles! I didn't ever get around to learning to drive stick though--I really need to do that so I can just borrow the truck if something goes wrong in the future. Now I just need to find the time. I hope to call AIG today and see what is going on. I really hope they still want to hire me, I'm just concerned that it has been so long with no communication. I want to make sure that no signals were crossed or misinformation communicated. If I can start working there I'll get my evenings free and have a life where I could learn to drive stick again without having to plan it a month in advance just to find the free time. ;-)

~Matt

No comments: