Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shiver me timbers

And where did we get that goofy expression?  Was it Robert Louis Stevenson?  I know he was responsible for quite a bit of what we think as traditional piracy in Treasure Island.  Anyway, I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End with my nephew Chase last night.  I quite enjoyed it.  I will strenuously avoid any spoilers here as there are those who may not have seen it.

I will simply state that if you enjoyed the first two you should see this one.  It reminded me a bit of the Matrix trilogy conclusion (due to the complexity of its plot and the many characters), but it was quite fun.  It wasn't a comedy, but it had many moments where I was laughing.  All the characters you liked in the first two movies are back in good form.

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

1 comment:

Fibonacci said...

This link talks about the origins of that phrase:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Etymology-Meaning-Words-1474/shiver-timbers.htm