Monday, April 27, 2009

New Settlement

Tonight I played Settlers of Catan with two of my nephews. I went over to my sister's place for a bit and happened to look at the work being done on Chase's room. I noticed that he was trying to assemble a hand-created board for Settlers. He asked if I would play a game with him--using my game.

It turned out to be a fun evening. I did get to play a game a short time before my vacation. It was Easter when I took it over to the place where I go to Bible Study some Friday evenings and several of us played. I don't get to play the game often enough, but when I do I really enjoy it. One of these days I need to get one of the expansions, even if it is just so the game will hold together better with the border pieces, ;-).

~Matt

6 comments:

Mark Baker said...

I've gotten hooked on that game, too. If you moved back out to California, I'd play with you while watching Babylon 5.

Matt said...

Or if you moved to Kentucky I'd be happy to host game & B-5 nights at my place! ;-)

My roommate has been watching all my B-5 DVDs (movie set, crusade, Legend of the Rangers, Lost Tales), but sadly I don't have the regular series to show him.

Mark Baker said...

Keep an eye on Amazon. They seem to have a rotating schedule of sales, but Bab 5 often shows up around $25 a season.

Becky Schell said...

Jer got that for me a couple of years ago. At Christmas Kate finally decided she liked it too. We played Carcassonne last night to kick off the summer though. It is better for two players.

Matt said...

What is Carcassonne? I don't think I've heard of it before.

Becky Schell said...

Carcassonne is fun. That’s what.