Monday, May 04, 2009

Chicken

I cooked dinner tonight. Yes, I've done it many times before, but it has been a while since I've cooked this dinner. It is one of my favorites: chicken, rice, and corn. I know, no green on the plate, which suits me just fine! :-) I'm trying to do better on my grocery buying and staying within budget. I think I need to get back into the habit of figuring out what meals I want and shopping based on that. It will be easier to cook if I know I have the components for several complete, but distinct, meals around.

~Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Plan a 2 week menu or so. Or if you are ambitious, plan a month like I do. I have my menus from last fall saved and I look at them every time I plan the next month.

I buy for two weeks at a time. If I end up being busy and can't cook what is on the menu, I switch with another night and I still have the ingredients.

Cheryl