Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Day off

Yes, that is what today was. It is amazing what not having a car to drive will do to your days off. It is hard to visit the Museum when I'm off if I don't have a car to drive, ;-). I actually spent the entire day at home (until going to a friend's house in the evening to watch a movie). And while I did answer some e-mails and a couple phone calls, I actually spent most of the day doing something I haven't done in literally years! I decided to work on building with Legos. I've been looking at many different custom sets on-line (Check out VignetteBricks, Fascinating LEGO Model of the Day, Neo Classic Space, Legos on Flickr, etc...) and been fascinated by some of them. Sadly I don't have the money or the time to pour into them that many AFOL (Adult Fans of Lego) do, because some of their creations are truly works of art. I merely dabble, though I might try to take more time and even acquire a few more pieces so that I can expand my horizons a bit. Who knows... I might even post a couple pictures soon. Today I worked on my old castle, expanding, shrinking, and tweaking it...

~Matt

No comments: