Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cribbage

I've always enjoyed playing games. It must have come from my mother's side as my dad never plays board games and only rarely plays cards.

My (maternal) Grandad was a great game player, even near the end of his life when his dementia grew worse. Until nearly the end he could still beat the best of us in a game of Rummikub. However my favourite game memories are of playing cribbage.

I'm pretty sure that my grandfather taught me how to play the game. I certainly remember that I rarely beat him. When browsing the iTunes app store for games recently I stumbled across a cribbage application. I had to download it soon thereafter.




Playing this game on the computer isn't the same as with a board and deck of cards. However I don't have any local friends who play, so it is better than never playing any more. It does bring back some fond memories, even if this time around I'm playing solo on my iPhone.
~Matt

-- Posted from my iPhone
(c) 2009 iWolff Ltd.

1 comment:

f8d90a said...

I'm pretty sure your mother taught me how to play. I don't remember any more, though... even though I have a cribbage somewhere here at my house.