Friday, November 13, 2009

I Didn't Buy This Book




In retrospect I think that perhaps I should have bought this book, for the same reason that I own 'The Communist Manifesto' and 'Mein Kampf.' These books are valuable to understand the minds of those who produced them.

I will admit that I haven't read 'Silent Spring,' but I've read plenty about it. Rachel Carson either lied or was grossly misled. DDT has done an amazing job of erradicating malaria from the developed world.

Instead of looking rationally at things it has become popular to sucumb to the scientifically weak (if not dishonest) ideas like anthropogenic global warming. Just as modern environmentalists won't give up their carbon footprints or jets I'm sure that those inspired by Rachel Carson wouldn't give up their freedom from malaria.

~Matt

-- Posted from my iPhone
(c) 2009 iWolff Ltd.

No comments: