Monday, November 23, 2009

This doesn't make sense

A couple days ago I saw a car while driving into work that just had me shaking my head in bewilderment. The license plate was from Indiana and it was a common custom design, the "In God We Trust," version:


Now of course it isn't only Christians that like this license plate, but I do know that many Christians do obtain it. With groups such as the ACLU blasting it I doubt too many atheists or anti-Christians pay for it. So it wasn't the plate that was surprising, but rather the plate AND the bumper sticker. The following (definitely anti-Christian or at least anti-True Christianity) bumper sticker was clearly visible:

I understand what the bumper sticker is trying to say (and I think the one I saw may have been the version with even more symbols like yin yang and others besides the Muslim crescent, Star of David, and cross). I've mainly seen this image promoted by atheists and others who don't believe that religion really means anything. I just didn't think that group would intersect with the crowd that likes to see "In God We Trust."

~Matt

No comments: