Friday, March 19, 2010

Inside a Dome

This was the view I saw when driving into work a few days ago.  It appeared as though I was inside a large dome.



Before you ask, no it isn't the top of my windshield.  This was an actual cloud bank (or dome).  The area in front of me was the only area where I could see semi-clear sky.





The "dome" appeared to break up just a bit once I got close to the Creation Museum.



I've never seen anything like this before. I  thought it was pretty amazing and knew that I had to capture some pictures.

~Matt

-- Posted from my iPhone
(c) 2010 iWolff Ltd.

2 comments:

f8d90a said...

That's really cool. Is it an actual weather phenomenon? (a cloud dome)

Matt said...

I'm not sure. I didn't think to look it up anywhere--of course besides putting "cloud dome" into Google I'm not sure how to look it up, ;-).