Sunday, April 25, 2010

Typos

I learned to type on a typewriter, and my typing used to be relatively free of errors.  You cannot correct errors on a typewriter as you can with a computer and word processing program.  As I have migrated to the computer, instant messaging, e-mail, multiple word processing programs, and other forms of input the number of typos I produce has increased.  I set Microsoft Word to auto-correct some of the most frequent, so often I don't even know I've made the mistake until I'm typing in a program that doesn't auto-correct.  Other times I've trained my fingers to quickly backspace and correct the error (as I just did when typing the word "correct").

One of the most frequent errors that I made is mistyping the word the.  I frequently (often multiple times in the same paragraph or even sentence) type it as "teh."  I'm not sure why my fingers have become trained in this pattern.  I wish that I knew an easy way to fix the problem.

~Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...do you happen to know an old fashioned typing teacher. Maybe one of them could help you....

Anonymous said...

You might try typing THE several hundred times on a manual typewriter.